Infrastructure: migrate old-admin to the same server than gisaf
The "old admin" is hosted on the "old" virtual machine, that was used originally.
That was migrated to Debian 9 some time ago, so we can now migrate this installation to the same VM on which the main gisaf runs, smoothing the integration of "old admin" and the main gisaf, also freeing resources on the bare server and easing server management.
#1 Updated by Philippe May almost 5 years ago
Done it, just putting the steps broadly here.
- Created a Python virtual environment flask in
- Cloned gisaf, branch flask in that virtualenv and installed it
- Adjusted few things (DB connection string in /etc/gisaf/prod.yml)
- Changed the DNS (infra.csr.av): moved gisaf.csr.av => gis.csr.av and created gisaf-old.csr.av to the old machine
- Created a systemd service
- Shutdown the service on the old machine
- Shutdown the old machine
#3 Updated by Philippe May almost 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
For all watchers (Meera, Pavneet, Giulio): this is for your information only, as it hopefully shouldn't impact the use of the "old-admin".
In short, i moved the old admin, for rationalization and more. So, feel free to complain if things are broken with the "old admin".