Wells timeline dashboard misc. improvements
After discussion with Giulio, the wells timeline dashboard can be improved with:
- bars for rain: the blue color should remain the same even when the stratigraphy is shown (transparency/plot z-order)
- levels to be represented relative to sea level, not the top of the well (taking the elevation and correction factor)
#1 Updated by Philippe May 9 months ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
Changes applied in notebook. @Giulio: please check, for ex.: https://gis.auroville.org.in/dashboard/Water/Well%20levels%20timeline?section=Auromode
Also, i fixed the scheduled automatic execution (quick technical explanation below for reference: tl;dr.).
The problem was diagnosed as a memory overflow in the Linux kernel.
As many dashboards are scheduled with systemd timers (
OnCalendar=daily), they all run at the same time and some fail bacause of CPU/memory intensive use at that time.
Solved by introducing
RandomizedDelaySec=3600 for all daily timers, which spreads their execution within an hour.
#2 Updated by Giulio Di Anastasio 9 months ago
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
Very well, rainfall data are always blue, and the readings are expressed with reference to the sea level.
We need just to add a legend also for the red line, which represents the well water level from sea level.