Server not working after power cut
I have just been informed that there has been a few seconds power cut in CSR, following the all-day power cut. The Gisaf server was not connected to the UPS so it switched off. When office staff switched it on again, it did not resume working. They called me and I told them not to touch anything else right now, so they left it on, but of course it is not working.
I don't know how comes that the server was not connected to the UPS though...
#2 Updated by Philippe May about 1 month ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
I'm in office and the server is up and running again - a very first check shows that everything seems to be running fine
I don't fully understand as i didn't do anything to fix anything - details below.
I should be able to connect remotely and continue investigations.
- Found it turned physically down.
- Powered it on
- The console was repeatedly showing errors on sdc (on which / lives)
- Rebooted in rescue mode => all fine
- Checked sdc with smartctl => no obvious failure
- Continued boot: all OK